Sunday, September 9, 2012

Top10 | tweentribune.com

Top10 | tweentribune.com:  I heard about this site from my tech friends and decided to use it in my Social Studies and Teaching with Technology classes. I am curious to see what teacher candidates from these classes will think about and learn from this experience.

After I explored the site, I found out that first a teacher creates his/her account/register at TweenTribune Classroom, instantly receives a confirmation letter from TweenTribune with a temporary password.
Then s/he adds his/her students' names and TweenTribune generates students' names and passwords. The teacher will have to copy those and give out to his/her students.

The next step will be to assign students stories to read and write comments on them using the usernames and passwords provided by the teacher. Comments will be posted after the teacher approval.

I am planning to use this website when we discuss the methods of teaching history, aspects of working with the authentic materials in Social Studies classrooms.
That's what this site looks like:



'via Blog this'

No comments: