Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Follow my Example!

I am experimenting with the podcasting tools. There is an assignment to create one in my TwT class. I assigned my students to create first a PPT and record their comments to the slides and for High Achievers (HA) the challenge is to sign up for a podcasting site and create a podcast using the same content they created for the PPT. Not all my students were clear about the assignments.
So, I created a podcast just to show that is it possible and does not take too much time! Here is the link to my podcast. Follow my example!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Smirnova,
You are right about losing the fear and apprehension about technology. I can not believe that I was able to create a Podcast! I am so excited! This course is allowing me to realize resources that I would not otherwise be exposed to.

Barbi said...

I cannot access this link for some reason. Is there another way for me to view your podcasat?

Amy })i({ said...

Hi Dr. S.

I have become more confident using technology because I have learned so much from TWT. I think after I decided to just go for it, everything fell into place and I stopped being scared and nervous. I like the audio blogging. I think that resource is a good tool to use in school, especially for younger students who have not yet developed strong reading, writing, spelling and typing skills. They can easily speak into a microphone to record their thoughts. How do you find out about all the new technologies that are available? I am wondering because when the course is over, I'd like to keep up with the latest trends.

Amy M.

Dino said...

Despite from frustrations, I am learning from this class and glad that I have taken it. I do still consider myself to be technically literate but I have still learned much more and added to that literacy. I have enjoyed using the blogs, wiki's, and podcasts. I can now see how to put all of these tools together and incorporate them into a lesson plan for teaching instead of just using them as part of a "direct instruction." Which means teaching with technology is more than just showing a youtube video, but a tool to help with higher levels and different multiple levels of learning.
Dino